Friday, February 4, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...to listen to.

I am inspired by music. I believe music is really the most amazing art form. It can express every range of emotion and nothing can calm me down more than Iron and Wine's Sixteen, Maybe Less and nothing can amp me up more than Sleigh Bell's Treats. So here is a list of five artists who inspire me. (There are more to come but I am only allowed five).

Iron & Wine: Amazing. Samuel Beam is amazing. With  a voice like chocolate and the guitar skills of some kind of god his music is to die for. My favorite song of his is Sixteen, Maybe Less but I prefer his solo acoustic version. I think it really lets you focus on the beauty of the words but the Calexico version is very good as well.



Cold War Kids: Long Beach's Cold War Kids are an amazing band. I love the lamenting voice of Nathan Willet really hit a good note in my heart (bad pun, but intended).

















Sleigh Bells: Eclectic, thrilling, and well amazing. Love love love Sleigh Bells.

















Tokyo Police Club: I have loved them as long as I can remember. Saw them in concert and I will never think of them the same way. So quality, so exciting, and something so very intelligent about their music. I read an article about them once and it said "they really throw the dictionary at you." Very true.




The Black Keys: The new Blues Brothers. Nashville based blues rock duo consisting of Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney really are amazing. I love their sound, really beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment