Sunday, February 13, 2011

Five Things: Grammy and Others

So I haven't actually watched the Grammies yet. I like to record and fast forward. I do not have the attention spand to watch the whole thing especially through the performances I dod not particularly love so you will see my take on the performances I watched tomorrow. But today I will show you my top fashion favorites (yes, only two) from the Grammies and two random fashion nods.

The Grammies are notorious for their fashion... mishaps? Well anyway, it seems musicians have a more eclectic and different sense of style than other entertainers and thus the Grammies are a fashion disaster hot spot. Here are two ladies I believed rocked the night. 

Florence in Givenchy: Okay, I must admit when it comes to Florence Welch I have a very big soft spot but I would like to think that this soft spot is not unfounded. I for one, beleive she looks absolurtely gorgeous in this swan inspired Givenchy gown.



















Nicole Kidman in Jean Paul Gaultier: Absolutely stunning. I always love Nicole Kidman, but tonight I think I fell in love with her a little more. She looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!




















Others. So here are three other things that I have been crushing on lately.

Crystal Renn: Read her book, saw her pictures, fell in love. An inspiration to every girl, Renn has risen from humble and very hungry model beginnings to becoming the most successful plus size models in the world. A muse to both Zac Posen and Jean Paul Gaultier, Renn is a beautiful and inspiring women and I hope that she is only the first in editorial plus sized models.

With Zac Posen














 In Elle Canada
With Jean Paul Gaultier


















Alexa Chung (more specifically those Valentino shoes): My favorite Alexa Chung look ever. At the ready-to-wear Chloe show 2010. But lets just talk about the shoes. Absolutely wonderful! Studded Valentino pointed toe nude/flush flats , so amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!



















David Bailey: The man who takes the pictures of the most famous people to walk the earth during the 20th and 21st century. Really inspiring portraits, very real, very lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment